Sunday, March 13, 2016
Saturday, February 13, 2016
This is stirfried preserved dabai ( fruit of Canarium odontophyllum ), a recipe by my makcik from Matu.
Dabai is a very highly perishable fruit. It is available only end of the year, usually from November to December. A few weeks late, and its disapear from the morning market. Many try to preserved it, a lot failed. Few suceeded.
Among the one who succeeded is my makcik from Matu.
First, the dabai is soaked in warm saline water till its softened. Then the flesh and the seed are seperated. The flesh, is then frozen.
Whenever crave for dabai, just unfreeze the frozen. sauté over some minced garlic or anchovies. Serve with rice.
Friday, February 12, 2016
Rasa-nya, manis, masam, pedas, wangi. Nyamai !!!!
1. wash, clean and dry the citrus
2. scratch the citrus skin with a knife. This is a very tedious task, but essential to remove the bitter taste from the skin
3. cut vertically top-down into 6 wedges without parting them
4. press down the citrus to remove the juice and seeds. Keep the juice
5. dry the citrus for 1 day under hot sun
6. steam the pressed citrus till cooked, let it cool
7. in a pan, mix coriander powder, chili powder and turmeric powder in black vineger, heat over pan
9. add sugar and citrus juice
10. stir till thickened, let it cool
11. arrange citrus in glass jar, pour in the sauce
12.keep for 1 week
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
dibotolkan oleh :
Syarikat Peng Guan Pengarakan Sdn Bhd