Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Glutinous Rice with Durian Jam

Last week, my colleagues shared with me an unique recie of durian jam.  Then, last night YeeMeng gave me 2 durians.  What a great timing !

Today, when I cracked open both durians, I found some Plagideicta magniplaga larvaes feasting in some compartments of the fruits.  The aril I salvaged from the larvaes’ party can still be made into tempoyak, a fermented durian dish.   


For tonight’s dinner, I will have steamed glutinous rice with durian jam.






Out of the remaining edible durians, I removed some of the aril, mashed with a spoon and heated over a pan with some water.  Then,  with the speed of lighting, add to the durian a watery mixture of 1 teaspoon of flour + 1 teaspoon of coconut milk powder + 1 spoon of sugar.    Bring to boil and serve with glutinous rice.

Its creamy, sweet and rich with durian flavour.
Must try !

0 comments:

Post a Comment