Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

五大天王 5-Heavenly-Kings

四大天王 ( literally 4-heavenly-kings ) is a dish of 4 types of beans, namely : yardlong bean,  4-winged bean, petai ( Parkia speciosa ) and lady’s finger ( although lady’s finger is botanically not a bean, its from the mallow family ), stirfried with belacan.

I have all the ingredients in my garden, except petai.  Why not have something different, I say. 

So, I strolled down my veg garden and harvest whatever are available :
Hyacinth bean ( Dolichos lablab )
Yardlong bean ( Vigna unguiculata sesquipdealis )
4-winged bean ( Psophocarpus tetragonolobus )
Lady’s fingers ( Abelmoschus esculentus )
Chili ( Capsicum annum )
Curry leaves ( Murraya koenigii )


First, cut all the beans, lady’s finger, and tindoras into bite-sizes.
Then, deep fry the curry leaves in hot oil till it become crunchy.  Set aside.
Next, stir fry till fragrant over hot oil some pounded Sarawaks-smoked-prawn, chili and some belacan. 
Put in all the cut vegs, stir fry till cooked.  Sprinkle the curry leaves on top.
Serve hot !

( but its not as good as I imagined :(  ....
maybe next time, I will try stirfry without belacan  清炒 )



Hrm… I should name the dish : 五大天王, 5-heavenly-kings instead

0 comments:

Post a Comment