Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

丝瓜炒蛋 Stir-fried Luffa with Eggs

It is always in my humble opinion that practice does makes perfects in everything, including cooking.  


My previous stir-fried luffa with egg dish doesn’t seems to be anywhere near perfect.  Its too watery. 

So, this time, I took things a little bit slow and steady. 

First, I saute ( with low flame ) the julienned ginger till its golden and crunchy. 
Then only I fry 2 eggs over the ginger.  ( 1 egg is not enough, so this time I put in 2 eggs )
When the eggs are done, and the wok is steaming hot, I put in all the luffa and stir for a while. ( just a while… 1-2-3-4-5-6 )
Then, pour in a bit ShaoXing Huadiao Wine… ( I don’t know exactly how much ).  Let it sizzling for a while, then stir continously.  
Before the wine dried up, turn down the flame.  Let the luffa cooked through the heat carried by the liquid (wine), and the steam.
Cover the wok. Let it simmer.
As the wine is drying up, the luffa should be already cooked.  If not, drizzle a bit more wine.  Simmer it some more.
If the luffa is cooked and there are still lots of sauce, turn up the flame and stir fry a bit to dry it up.
When it's cook, add a little of salt to taste.

A perfect dish should be dry with minimal sauce.  The egg should still in chunks.



This is not yet perfect.



0 comments:

Post a Comment